A Day a the Small Breeds Farm Park and Owl Sanctuary!

Sunday 27 April 2014


Hello!

So last Monday I went to the Small breeds farm park and Owl Sanctuary. This was my second time visiting here and it has such a nice atmosphere.


So this is the entrance to the park and it was literally one of the only nice days of this week, silly English weather! 

When you walk through the gates you get to an owl enclosure which has lots of different owls from around the world! Here are a few snaps of those -

You could actually stroke this one and he was so cute and friendly!


This one wasn't so friendly

This is one of my favourite photos of the day, he was so fluffy and cute and just kept staring at me... creepy

Next we went to get our buckets of food so we could feed the animals as we went round.


On the way we met this little guy trying to catch himself some food (Awwwwh!)


We then went to see all of the goats and other animals around the park. Here are some of the photos - 

My little cousin Bethan feeding one of the goats

He was secretly my favourite.. (shh)

*heart melts*

Alpaccas!

I don't think I had ever seen a Red Squirrel in real life before so this was a first!

Calf!

Heres an overview of that bit of the park!

We then went into the small animal section, and this was one of my favourite bits!


Guinea Pigs!

Baby Mice!

I cant remember what this was but i can remember he was moving around really quickly and as a person of 5ft1', I had to reach right in the air for this.. hence the blurriness! Sorry!

Chinchillas!

After this section there was a small pond area for the ducks and geese


My Granddad





There were a couple warnings about this swan being very protective over his mate, so not to stand too close to the fencing... needless to say I was out the way pretty sharpish!




I just had to take a picture of this little guy.. it really made me chuckle!!

We then ventured into the barn area where there were a few animals and lots of baby animals in their incubators 

These guys were over a 100 years old!! (whaaat?!)

Donkeys

Little Chicks

Baby owls in their incubator

Two baby owls getting ready to go outside for the first time!

Last but definitely not least was time to go eat our lunch and be let loose in the goat enclosure!

The cutest



My nan gained a friend!!


Well thats it for this post! I hope you enjoyed!

What was your favourite photo from the ones above?

Mine was definitely the frog haha!

Cheerio!

L A U R A  J E S S I C A


<3






1 comment: