Shower / Bath Routine!

Tuesday 4 March 2014


Hello! 


Laura here, I thought against doing a February favourites video as its basically the same as my January favourites! I have lots of college assignments at the moment so I was really not inspired to make a blog post today, but as I was running my bath, I thought it would be a great opportunity to do a Bath/Shower routine! I combined both shower and bath because it's basically the same!


Bath set-up

 Normally the first thing I do when I get into the bath is wash my hair. Now I usually do this before I put any bubble bath or anything in, so that my hair is as clean as it can be! After washing my hair I usually put it up in a hair turban (or roll whatever you want to call it) and carry on with the rest of the bath. As I didn't wash my hair in this bath I just put it on top of my head in a bun and added the bubble bath first!

All around £5.00. Spiced Pomegranate (left) - Floral (middle) - Spiced Apple (right)

First of all I like to set up my bath with some candles to add to the smell in the room and to make me feel even more relaxed! These are from Glade, and I really love them. The red and the blue ones are both nearly gone. I had these for Christmas and they smell so good. I would definitely buy more. My favourite one was unfortunately limited edition over Christmas time, this was the Spiced Pomegranate (blue) one, it was so sweet and really reminded you of Christmas. I will be sad when its gone.
£10.00

£3.29
Before getting into the bath I remove my make-up. I usually use the Soap & Glory Ultimelt, hot cloth cleanser, this just breaks down all of my make-up and it makes your skin feel so nice afterwards. I then follow up with a Johnsons make-up wipe for normal skin, and this just gets rid of any make-up left and makes me feel extra clean. I also use the Simple eye make-up removing water, which I have ran out of and unfortunately couldn't take a picture :(, but it breaks down all of my waterproof mascara and this is all without irritating my eyes.

£1.60
Another thing I like to do before getting into the bath is remove my nail varnish. I hate it when you remove your varnish and the smell lingers for ages, even if you wash your hands afterwards, it is so hard to get rid of the smell. So I always like to take it off so that my nails and hands can get an extra clean whilst I am in the bath. This is the Cutex strengthening nail polish remover, and it really has strengthened my nails and takes off any glitter off really easily.
£2.50 (small) - £5.50 (large)
I have been trying out different shampoos lately and I have been loving this one from Soap and Glory. If you have been reading my blog for a while then you will definitely know that I am a huge fan of Soap & Glory. The smell of this is like sweets, its so yummy and it lathers really well with the tiniest amount! They should definitely make more shampoos!


As my conditioner changes all the time I haven't included one, but i usually use a mask or something from Tresemme or Toni&Guy.


£8.00
The next thing I would normally do is put the bubble bath in, if I'm washing my hair. This is the Soap & Glory 'The Daily Soothe', it is really creamy and you just add a handful of it into the bath and the bubbles are creamy and it makes the whole room smell nice and cosy. I always like to have a bath with this at night, it makes you feel tired and ready for bed! As you can see I'm nearly out of this stuff, I will definitely be getting a couple more tubs I think.

£8.00 (with new packaging)
The scrub that I have recently fallen back in love with is the Soap and Glory sugar crush body scrub, and I absolutely LOVE this scent, it is so sweet with the brown sugar, and then has a hint of sourness with the lime. It is really creamy and doesn't feel overly abrasive which, with my sensitive skin, I love! I makes my skin feel so smooth afterwards and makes you smell of lime and sugar.. who doesn't want that?

£3.15
This is one of my new favourites this month, its the Imperial Leather Foam-burst. Now this is the greatest thing i have ever washed with. Ever. I even recommended it to my friend and she said exactly the same thing! When you squirt it onto your hand it comes out as a clear thick gel. But when it hits water and you smooth it on your skin, it goes into the most smooth and creamy, foamy lather ever. Its kinda like shaving cream, but in a body wash form. It leaves your skin smelling fresh and clean. Definitely a must-have in your bathroom.




When I'm in the bath I like to do a bit of reading, whether it is blog reading on a blog, or a book that I have gotten into, I am always guaranteed to be reading something. 




Top - Bottom ~ £7.99 ~ £7.99 ~ £3.50 ~ £7.99


These are some of the books that I am reading/intending to read in the mere future. I finished reading The Fault In Our Stars by John Green early last year and it has always been my favourite book ever since. I have started to read Looking for Alaska and even though Tumblr has told me what happens I am so curious to how it happens. I am currently on around 20 days before so it is getting tense. I am planning to read An Abundance Of Katherine's next and then Paper Towns, then probably 'I'd tell you I love you but then I'd have to kill you', Which i got free in a magazine and I already know I like the author so that was a bonus really!




http://www.tanyaburr.co.uk/

http://www.zoella.co.uk/
Another thing, as I said before, that I like to read are blogs on my phone. I have recently got a new phone which is the iPhone 5s, so I am a bit wary whether to use it in the bath or not. My favourite blogs at the moment, which have actually been my favourite for a long while now are, Zoella's and Tanya Burrs. I love their lifestyle and their fashion and make-up tips are brilliant. I will put their links in the photo descriptions :)

£8.00 (large)
When I finally get out of the bath all shrivelled like a fish, I use this body butter from Boots Extracts. I find them really lovely and a great dupe for the body shop, as they can be a wee bit expensive. They are really creamy and the smell is so lovely! They really sink into the skin well too and I have had this pot for ages and it is only just getting low. Definitely a bargain.

Pack of three - £9.50


I also like to use this Soap & Glory body mist. I got this in a pack of three that I showed on my last New Items post. They are really nice and sink into your skin really quickly and also give moisture to your skin. The scents are also addictive, like most of the Soap & Glory products.




So that's it! That is all of the products I have been using this month whilst in the bath/shower. I hope this was helpful in some way and I will be posting again next Tuesday!

Cheerio!

L A U R A  J E S S I C A


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment