Interview With LynseyLuu!

Sunday 9 November 2014


Hello!

As some of you may know, i am an all over anything that seems to be quirky or different in some kind of way. So when i came across Lynsey Luu (pictured below)... I was hooked!

Lynsey painting some of her custom-made cat necklaces


So i thought that i would bring her creative mind to you guys in the form of an exclusive interview Oooo fancy ay! Whether you have heard of Lynsey or not, I'm sure you will love this post.. now lets get started.

- - - - -

Some of my items from Lynsey

Me - "Could you explain what your business is about to people who may not have heard of you before?"

Lynsey - "Heya, my name is Lynsey - I'm a creative, coffee fueled geek & I design every piece for Lynsey LuuMy products range from quirky jewellery to awesome illustrations and unisex clothing to kitsch accessories. I have also expanded into greetings cards this month so keep checking as I love expanding my designing capability."


Me - "How old were you when you started? How did you get into creative and jewellery making and what/who were your inspirations?"

Lynsey - "I started Lynsey Luu in my final year of university so I had just turned 22. While studying textiles I did loads of market research and came across awesome brands like Me & Zena, Lazy Oaf & Tatty Devine, I fell in love immediately! I wanted to be like those guys so I took the leap and started designing :)"


One of the greetings cards talked about above
Me - "What do you think makes you different from other creative businesses out there?"

Lynsey - "Using things I like or find funny as inspiration brings my creative mind to your doorstep. Such things include Monty Python sketches, Terry Pratchett books, video games, zombies, fanzines and pretty much anything weird and wonderful! I love adding unusual elements to my pieces as well as comedy too!"


Me - "When did your online shop start to really take off?"

Lynsey - " I have The Midnight Beast to thank for that! Stefan Abingdon wore my small dance mat necklace and shared a picture then a snowball effect happened. I can't thank him enough! I absolutely love TMB and to see one of my fav stars wear my product was amazing. Their fans have become mine and I couldn't wish for better customers."

Some of the products on Lynsey Luu

Me - "When, would you say, is your busiest time of the year?"

Lynsey - "Christmas has definitely been my most busiest over the years so I'm looking forward to this year. I have a few events lined up including Comic Con in Birmingham which I'm so excited about, I honestly can't wait! I love doing market stalls and events as I get to meet my lovely customers - old and new."


Me - "As a fan of yours myself, do you get a lot of regular customers?"

Lynsey - "Yes and it's great as I get to know each one of them, I know what styles they like and which colours they prefer. They help me with designing future pieces plus it's great to see that other people get my way of thinking and like it! Haha"

Winter Warmers! (personal favourite)
Me - "Finally, do you have any sneak hints as to any new items that we could see soon?"

Lynsey - "Well I've just made some speech bubble earrings which can be personalised by the customer with what ever text or quote they like! Those have only just been popped online today plus I plan to launch custom cat brooches and extra large custom cat necklaces as the original cats have gone so well, so keep a look out for those! :D"

- - - - - - - -

I hope you enjoyed reading this post as much as i enjoyed writing it!

I really hope this made you go check out Lynsey!
Here are all of her links:


Go send her some love!!

- - - - - - - -

Bye!

L A U R A  J E S S I C A

<3



4 comments:

  1. Lovely post hun, thanks again for featuring my brand! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! And the cat necklaces on her website look cute! I'll have to get one :)x

    ReplyDelete