INTERVIEW - Si Mitchell

Sunday 19 April 2015


Happy Sunday Everyone!

This week i thought that i would try and get an awesome interview for you from one of my favourite artists, he has worked with lots of people that i love and i hope you enjoy it :D

- - - 

1 - For some of the people who may not have heard of you before, could you describe what you do please?

I'm an artist who draws thing for some people :)
(Tmb, green day, e4, mcfly and many more)


2 - Who/What was your biggest inspiration when you first started up your shop www.simitchell.bigcartel.com?

A few people wanted to buy some shirts with my designs on them - so I invested some money got a few made up and sold them via a shop I created - I wasn't thinking it would turn into anything but it now holds loads of clothing/prints/paintings and original artwork and means I can afford pens and paper to draw more pictures :)


3 - I found your work through my favourite band, The Midnight Beast, how and when did you start to work with these guys?

Dru had seen a pic I had drawn of the midnight beast (I loved the band from the first time I saw them and just had to draw them) and loved it, I think then I spoke to Sally (stef's mum) and from that point I started doing more and more for the guys, and I am lucky enough to carry on working with them - not only have I drawn for them but I've also "acted" in the show and got to add some artwork to the e4 series - it's a rad job and I love it.


4 - What do you enjoy most about selling your designs?

Seeing people enjoying my artwork in any way makes it all worth while!


5 - What is the biggest project you have ever worked on?

That's a tough question, it varies from job to job and also some jobs are long and that makes them big but others are small but I get to work on things for a long time (like tmb - that's been like 5 years and I'm still drawing for them) I guess all the stuff I do is one large job - I'm just pleased I get to draw for a living.


6 - Your classic #DONTOBEY T-shirt was a hit! What do you think it was about that T-shirt that caught people's eye?

I think it's the 'piss take' of the shep farley 'obey' design that makes people enjoy that pic - mine is more anarchy - telling you to not obey which is the exact opposite of the obey stuff.


7 - What is your favourite thing about working with Stefan, Dru and Ashley from The Midnight Beast?

They are awesome friends of mine and we have loads of fun doing work together - it's always and is always fun - that's the best.


8 - Who is the most famous person you have seen with or wearing one of your designs?

Umm quite a few people have worn my stuff now - rufus hound (on celebrity juice), dynamo, tmb, chris o'dowd, dougie pointer, ellie Goulding are some of the people I can remember at the mo.


- - - - 

I hope you guys enjoyed this little interview! 

I really enjoyed thinking of the questions and writing this post and i hope Si did too.

A special thank you to Si for taking the time to answer these questions, it was awesome :)

- - 

Cheerio!

L A U R A  J E S S I C A

<3

2 comments: